FireLight is a five-week long theme period consisting of light art and sound installation. Its purpose is to bring joy to the darkest period of the year through art.
During this period these strong and high-quality art pieces will be shown, both indoors and outdoors. In Copper Smithy Black Hall four strong pieces from artists and workgroups are presented. Outdoor pieces are on display near the old mill and the old fire station.
In the Copper Smithy, Black Hall:
- Breathe by Timo Aho
- Valon verkostossa by Kari Alonen
- People – don’t be afraid! sound installation by Laura Murtomaa & workgroup
- 100 rauhankynttilää – communal artpiece by PäiviAlajuntti & workgroup
Outdoor pieces are:
- Promenadi by Tarja Ervasti, near the old Fire Station and INKO-park
- Ruukki ennen meitä by Taru Samola, Annika Lintervo & Inka Yli-Tepsä, near the Old Mill
FireLight theme period can be experienced through 27 October to 1 December. Outdoor pieces can be seen 24/7 and indoor pieces in Copper Smithy Black Hall can be seen from Wednesdays to Sundays from noon to 9 pm.
FireLight theme period is a free art exhibition produced by Fiskars Village and The Cooperative of Artisans, Designers and Artists in Fiskars ONOMA.
Welcome to enjoy the atmospheric Fiskars Village!